Jeff Bright is an attorney and the owner of Bright Law Firm, PLLC. He is licensed in both Pennsylvania and Maryland. Jeff is a construction lawyer who focuses his practice on construction matters, civil litigation, employment law, and real estate development and disputes. He has litigated cases in federal and state courts. Most of his litigation pertains to construction disputes, including breach of contract, mechanics’ lien claims, bond claims, matters under the Board of Claims’ jurisdiction, and claims under the Contractor and Subcontractor Payment Act and Prompt Payment Acts. Jeff prepares a monthly informational newsletter titled, Legal Scope: A Construction Law Newsletter. He has also published multiple law review articles on various topics.
- Has filed and defended numerous mechanics’ lien claims; bond claims; and claims under the statutory Prompt Payment Act (CASPA and PPA), including many six-figure recoveries.
- Secured six-figure recovery on behalf of a contractor arising from a change order dispute on public project litigated in the PA Board of Claims.
- Has litigated numerous indemnity and additional insured coverage claims, including a complex seven-figure dispute arising from a building collapse.
- Has sued insurance companies for bad faith in disputes arising from indemnity and coverage.
- Defended contractor in prevailing wage dispute under the Davis-Bacon Act.
- Has drafted standard term contracts and subcontract agreements for regional contractors and subcontractors.
- Has pursued and defended construction disputes that exceeded one million dollars.
- Has litigated multi-week bench trial of construction disputes arising from new construction of downtown multi-story commercial property.
- Has litigated and defended construction defect cases.
- Has advised and counseled contractors, subcontractors, and owners on hundreds of construction contracts.
- Has litigated numerous breach of commercial contracts, including leases, real estate sales, and various business disputes in federal and state court.
- Has litigated easement and boundary disputes.
- Has litigated and reached efficient early settlement in dispute arising from sinkhole that resulted in demolition of downtown duplex building.
- Has prepared and advised clients on mortgages, notes, deeds, easements, and agreements of sale.
- Has litigated and advised on residential and commercial landlord-tenant disputes.
- Has litigated and defended mortgage foreclosure cases.
*The above cases are real examples of Attorney Jeffrey Bright’s past experience as lead counsel or co-counsel, including cases at prior law firms. The results of cases are fact specific and there is no guarantee or promise of particular results in a given case.